Friday, March 14, 2014

It was 28 years ago

It was 28 years ago today that I quit my oilfield job to pursue my dream of becoming a professional artist. I will always remember that day. I made the decision to take that step and embrace the risk of the unknown. My son JC was 10 months old and my wife Lynne was pregnant with our daughter Natalie. I did not want to continue working in a job that was mostly about security and getting a steady paycheck. I wanted to make a living creating bronze sculptures something I had a real love and passion for. I believed in my heart and gut that I would find a way to follow my dream and make it work. I've been very fortunate and blessed to have been able to make a living doing what I love and for that I am grateful. I would like to personally thank my family, friends, and collectors who helped make my dream a reality because no dreams is accomplished without the love and support of others. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Chris,
    Believe it or not, tomorrow will be 29 years since I sat at the kitchen table and signed the documents that created my company. It is unbelievable what has happened in these years. I have been thinking about that day all week.

    ReplyDelete