Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Rodeo Injuries


I was asked the other day how many injuries I have suffered in my rodeo career and working horses. I started rodeo when I was 16 by competing on bulls and broncs then switched to team roping which I still compete in. These are my injuries. Front teeth knocked out. Dislocated left and right shoulder. Broke right and left collarbone. 12 broken ribs seven on left side five on the right. Collapsed left lung. Broke left thumb and right hand. Broke left shoulder blade and have suffered five concussions. I have had three surgeries to repair my left shoulder, left collarbone and my right hand. In rodeo it is not if you are going to get hurt it is just when and how bad. I did break my thumb skiing and dislocated my right shoulder hang gliding. The thing is I'm hurt now and I can't wait to be able to compete again.

No comments:

Post a Comment