Monday, December 28, 2015

I have decided to begin to write my second book. ''CHASING THE WIND'' was my first.

I have decided to begin to write my second book. ''CHASING THE WIND'' was my first. I find writing to be difficult. However the only way to get it done is by writing one word after another. It is a lot like making a monumental sculpture. Just break it down into smaller steps and you can finish it. I wrote the first 16 pages and this is my opening first page rough draft.
''EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE '' by Chris Navarro
‘’I know what it is like to have a dream and you are the only one who can see it.’’
This is not a book about ideology and theory. It is a philosophy about performance taking action and making things happen. It is about getting things done.
I do not claim to know all the answers but what I have learned I will gladly share with those who wish to make a similar journey. I like to celebrate March 13, 1986 as the anniversary date I quit my steady paycheck and corporate oilfield job to pursue my dream of being a professional sculptor. My son JC was nine months old and my wife Lynne was pregnant with our daughter Natalie. Everyone told me it was the wrong decision. However there are times in life when you have to make a stand and turn your dreams into reality. If you really want something bad enough you have to make the effort and be willing to take a risk. I knew in my heart and trusted my gut that I could make it. I wanted to make a living doing something I had a love and passion for. I did not want to live my life just showing up for a pay stub at the end of the week.
Having been a professional artist for over 30 years I have decided to share my thoughts on the things that have helped me on this journey of making a living doing what I love. I know there are no overnights successes in the art world. It is a myth that as an artist if you will just be discovered by the right gallery or art agent they will pave the way to artistic success. Building your art career is a lifelong struggle. If you want to be great at something there are no secrets. It is only accomplished through dedication hard work and a love for what you are doing. Love is an emotion you can't fake and you cannot be great at anything without loving it.
You never know what you can do until you try. So do not be afraid to embrace the struggles in life. Go out there and make a living doing something you have a passion and love for. Life is too short not to!

No comments:

Post a Comment