Wednesday, March 4, 2015

I have decided to share my thoughts on the things that have helped me on this journey of creating art.

Having been a professional artist for 29 years I have decided to share my thoughts on the things that have helped me on this journey of creating art and making a living doing what I love. When you share your art with others you expose yourself to criticism, judgment and rejection. When making art you invest so much of yourself in the creation of what you are doing. It is difficult not to take that criticism personally. I like to take rejection and make it work for me. When someone tells me I’m not good enough or can’t do something it puts a fire in me and fuels my passion and desire to prove them wrong. Because as an artist the thing you are really responsible for is trying your hardest and doing the very best you are capable of. In the end that is all you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment