Wednesday, September 23, 2015

“Embrace the Struggle”

Buffalo Bill Art Show & Sale - Opening Reception, September 25-26, 2015, 5pm. Chris Navarro will give the Honored Artist Lecture on Friday, Sept. 25, 2-3 p.m. at the Coe Auditorium Buffalo Bill Historical Center. The presentation “Embrace the Struggle” is free to the public.

“I want it to inspire people, with my art work and story. When I started sculpting I was 23 years old and I had very little going for me only a desire and a dream. I went to the local art store bought sculpting supplies and then to the library and checked out every book I could find on sculpting. Now 36 years later I have the privilege of being the 2015 Honorary Artist of the Buffalo Bill Art Show at The Buffalo Bill Historical Center. The most important things I have learned on this road of discovery is that the journey is more important than the destination. Never let fears keep you from perusing your dreams. Do not let what you can’t do keep you from doing what you can do. So fellow travelers remember when you get knocked down just keep picking yourself up, do the best you can and always embrace the struggle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment