Wednesday, April 6, 2016

ESSENCE OF REX



ESSENCE OF REX (2013) Monumental Bronze, 13.5’ x 28’ x 7’ 
This sculpture was commissioned by Mrs. Marialyce Tobin and donated to Casper College. She asked me to create a dinosaur with light radiating out from the inside. I wanted to do a life-size Tyrannosaurus rex. I decided the best way to have light radiate from the sculpture was to make one side skeletal while the other side would be fleshed out. Using LED lights I illuminated the piece from within, making the light radiate outward giving the sculpture a special effect. To bring it to life and to create that “wow” factor, I had to inject emotion into Rex. The sculpture is located at the entrance to the Tate Geological Museum in Casper, Wyoming. cnavarroart.co

1 comment:

  1. from our Beautiful State and lived in Casper - follow your work. This one is on my bucket list. Want to view it in person with the wind howling!

    ReplyDelete