Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Chester Armstrong “Over the years the chain saw has literally become an extension of my own hand,


This week I wanted to share some of the great work from the artists we show at Navarro Gallery in Sedona, AZ. If you are coming through Arizona, you need to stop by or go visit our website chrisnavarro.com Chester is another sculptor who I have been friends with for a long time.

Chester Armstrong “Over the years the chain saw has literally become an extension of my own hand, “says Armstrong, “ I manage it with the same agility that two-dimensional artist displays when wielding a paint brush. “The creative process begins in the woodpile behind my house.  I work in a variety of woods, including red and yellow cedar, juniper and maple, his favorite medium is West Coast walnut.  “I love the red patina of the finished surface and it is a rough wood, I can use a lot of negative space in the design and yet the basic sculpture will remain strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment