Friday, May 11, 2018

Casper College alumnus Chris Navarro will receive the Casper College Alumni Association’s Distinguished Alumni Award for 2018


Last night I went to the CC President's Reception being held in honor of being selected as the Casper College Alumni Association’s Distinguished Alumni Award for 2018. I was asked to speak about what CC has meant to me. I attended Casper College 1974-1976 and CC is what brought me to Casper I was 18 when I drove from San Antonio, TX to Casper WY in an old Plymouth I bought for $250. With everything I owned in the trunk. I had never been to and did not know one person who lived in Wyoming. I was going to college but what I really wanted was to be a bull rider. I love Wyoming and have made my home in Casper ever since.I feel blessed to have worked and raised my family here. It is a honor and a total surprise to receive this award if you would of told me I would be honored by CC 44 years later I would say no way, really!
You never know where the forks in the roads of life will take you. Just follow your heart and do the best you can, that is all I really did.
Casper College alumnus Chris Navarro will receive the Casper College Alumni Association’s Distinguished Alumni Award for 2018 at Casper College’s 2018 commencement ceremonies, 7 p.m. at the Casper Events Center.
I will be the oldest guy there wearing a cap and gown tonight. I plan on going to the reception afterwards and meet with friends the whole ceremony is being recorded and will be live streamed on Casper College Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment