Tuesday, July 28, 2015

It is hard to believe it has been 22 years since the dedication.


I was in Cheyenne yesterday and stopped by my monument to World Champion Bull Rider Lane Frost. It is hard to believe it has been 22 years since the dedication. Lane Frost at the young age of 25 lost his life competing at the 1989 Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo. I was never commissioned to create this sculpture. Having been a former bull rider myself I wanted to honor a great young man and bull rider who lost his life doing something he had a great passion and love for. So I commissioned myself. It was a long road to get it done. I had to raise all the funds for the monument by selling smaller bronze maquettes of the sculpture. Everyone who donated $1000. received an 18’’ bronze of the monument I then placed their name on a bronze plaque at the base of the sculpture to acknowledge their contribution. Without their donations I never would have been able to finish the project. Yesterday when I saw the donor plaque it made me want to acknowledge them for their help and support and let them know I will always be grateful thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment