Friday, July 24, 2015

Wyoming Honor Conservation Camp


On Wednesday I traveled to Newcastle WY and gave a slide show and inspirational talk to 90 inmates at the Wyoming Honor Conservation Camp & Boot Camp about my life and career as an artist. I shared the challenges, struggles and rewards I have faced chasing my dream of becoming a professional artist. There were many inmates who create art in there and they asked me to critique their work. I told them
  I know what it is like to have a dream, and you're the only one who can see it. There are times when you have to believe in yourself even if no one else does. The secret to being an artist or successful at anything else is, you have to do the work. I think to be great at anything you have to love what you do. You need to put the time in the studio with the materials in your hands. There are no short cuts it is about commitment, hour by hour day by day and year after year. Look everyone faces rejection and difficulties in life everyone gets knocked down. The thing you have to do is keep getting up and do the very best that is within you and that’s all you can do. Because in the end it is not about how many years you lived in this world that is important. It is about the good you can do and what you leave behind that truly matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment