Thursday, May 11, 2017

Believe me, there are no overnight successes in the art world.


Over the next few days I will be sharing excerpts from my new book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ A hardbound 122-page Hardbound book priced at $25.
With my book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ I want to inspire people, with my artwork and story. Because embracing the struggle defines who you are.

Believe me, there are no overnight successes in the art world. The notion of the right gallery or art agent “discovering” you and paving the way to your artistic success is a myth. Building your art career is a lifelong struggle. If you want to be great at something, you need to put time in the studio with the materials in your hands. It is accomplished through dedication, hard work, and a love for what you are doing. Because love is an emotion, you can't (and should not try to) fake success, and you cannot be great at anything without loving it. Caring about the work you do is the single best indicator that others will care about it, too. I know that what is in my heart is no different than what is in your heart. If you believe that other people are like yourself, then you hold the key to making art that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment