Friday, May 5, 2017

Over the next few days I will be sharing excerpts from my new book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’

Over the next few days I will be sharing excerpts from my new book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ A hardbound 122-page Hardbound book priced at $25.
With my book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ I want to inspire people, with my artwork and story. Because embracing the struggle defines who you are.
My first bronze sculpture was going to be about something I had a knowledge of and passion for, and that was bull riding. After studying the library books, I began creating my first sculpture in wax. It should be noted that most of my learning came from the school of “I didn’t know any better, trial-and-error” method, an extremely slow process. I worked on weekends and nights, and it seemed to take forever. I had two weeks of paid vacation per year, so I took one week to devote all of my attention and time to getting it done. My buddies at work thought I was crazy to spend my vacation time alone, in my trailer house, working on a sculpture. But I had a burning desire to finish this piece. Somehow, I knew it would change my life. I finally completed the sculpture, which I titled Spinning and Winning, because bulls that spin usually score higher points than bulls that just jump and kick. The next step was to get it cast in bronze. I had heard about Caleco Foundry, a lost wax bronze-casting foundry in Cody, Wyoming. I drove to Cody and was informed that it would cost $1,000 to cast my first sculpture! I had no idea it was going to be that expensive, but I was committed and used my savings to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment