Wednesday, May 10, 2017

With my book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ I want to inspire people, with my artwork and story. Because embracing the struggle defines who you are

Over the next few days I will be sharing excerpts from my new book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ A hardbound 122-page Hardbound book priced at $25.
With my book ‘’EMBRACE THE STRUGGLE’’ I want to inspire people, with my artwork and story. Because embracing the struggle defines who you are.
‘’I know what it is like to have a dream and you are the only one who can see it.’’ Chris Navarro

March 13, 1986, was the day that I quit my corporate oilfield job. Walking away from a predictable income, I was finally pursuing my dream of being a professional sculptor. My son, JC, was ten months old, and Lynne was pregnant with Natalie. Everyone told me it was the wrong decision. After all, I had a mortgage and a family to support. But there are times in life when you must make a stand and turn your dreams into reality. I just knew it. I knew deep inside that I was doing what was best for my family. I believed my instincts. So, listening to my heart and trusting my gut, I took a leap of faith and have not once regretted the decision. If you want something bad enough, you have to be willing to take a chance and put in the effort to make it happen. I wanted to make a living doing something I loved and was passionate about. If you have a dream that is the driving force in your life and you have to give it up, you’ll feel lost and incomplete. I decided I was not going to spend my life just showing up for a steady pay stub at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment