Tuesday, January 30, 2018

ST. ANTHONY'S JOY

I try to tell a story with my art and I want to share some of the stories behind the sculptures I have created. chrisnavarro.com ST. ANTHONY'S JOYBronze, 96’’ x 44’’ x 38.5’’
I created this sculpture for Saint Anthony's School and Parish in Casper, Wyoming. When I researched the artists that had depicted St. Anthony in the past, they always portrayed him holding baby Jesus, the bible, and white lilies in his arms. I wanted my interpretation of St. Anthony with the Christ-child to reflect one of the simple pleasures in life that I have shared with my children. Nothing is more heartwarming than watching a smile grow into an expression of pure joy as a child is tossed into the air. St. Anthony, the patron saint for lost articles, is credited with many miracles involving lost people, lost things, and even lost spiritual goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment